We’re always looking for fresh voices from the social impact sector—with a diverse range of expertise—to provide our readers with the best fundraising, marketing, and technology advice possible. If you feel you have both the experience and the writing skills to help social impact organizations learn and grow, we’d love to hear from you.
Please read our guest blogging criteria below—and the sample posts at the bottom of the page—before submitting a piece for consideration.
- Well-written, high-quality content. Please proofread your article before submitting to our editor.
- Action-oriented information. Your post should add to our readers’ understanding of a topic, and provide them with actionable steps or the tools they need to apply the advice to their organization.
What We Don’t Publish
- Self-promotional pieces
- Link-building posts
- Duplicate content
- Repetitive content: if it’s a topic we’ve already covered, you must have a fresh angle or new information to add.
Type of Content We Publish
All content needs to be informational. We especially like articles that focus on tangible takeaways that will help readers become better at what they do, especially when it comes to online fundraising. Think, “How to …”
Topics We Cover
“Two Corporate Giving Opportunities You Can’t Afford to Miss” by Adam Weinger
“The 5 Must-Haves of a Monthly Recurring Revenue Campaign” by Matt Scott
- There are no length requirements for the article —it can be as long or as short as necessary to make the desired points.
- For reference, our posts typically run between 800 and 1200 words.
- Please submit all posts in Word or Google Documents using Calibri 11 point font
- Make the content easy to read by breaking up large blocks of text, and using subheads and lists where appropriate.
- Every sentence should have a purpose. If it doesn’t add value, remove it.
- We allow up to two anchor text links pointing back to your website in the post.
- Make sure to cite all sources. Include all links or attributions directly in your draft, after the statement you’re linking the source to.
Complete drafts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted using the form below.
Please include a one- to two-sentence author bio with your submission.
All content submitted to us will be looked at by at least two members of our team and must meet our quality standards in order to be published.
Classy will make the final call on whether or not to publish any content submitted to us. We reserve the right to not publish a guest post even after a final draft has been submitted. We will communicate to you any changes to the plan, at all times.
The Classy blogging team reserves the right to edit or modify your post as we deem necessary, but we will send you an updated copy for review before publishing to our blog.
We typically respond to submissions within 2 to 3 weeks. If you do not hear from us in three weeks, your submission was not a suitable fit for the blog at this time.
Thank you for your interest in the Classy blog. We look forward to hearing from you!
Email email@example.com, or fill out the form below, to get started.