It’s the night before Giving Tuesday. You’ve built out your email schedule, your progress graphics are on deck, your social posts are queued up, and you’re ready to make a huge splash with your campaign. The last few weeks have been one big blur of planning, but the hours leading up to the big day are sure to deliver a special range of emotions—and hopefully no surprises.
Remind your team that no matter what happens, you’re all in this together. Take a moment to celebrate the hard work that has gone into planning your Giving Tuesday campaign, and laugh at these 12 moments nonprofit professionals can relate to on the day before Giving Tuesday.
1. When you decide at the last minute to create a Giving Tuesday campaign after all.
2. When you’ve double-, triple-, and quadruple-checked the email to send supporters the night before, and you’re ready to send.
3. When you’re eating Thanksgiving leftovers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because you haven’t bought groceries in 17 days.
4. When an Instagram influencer mentions your organization and shares your campaign.
5. When your friend asks, “What’s the big deal with Giving Tuesday?”
6. When you’re cleaning the office at 11 p.m. because the local news channel is coming for an onsite interview at 7 a.m.
7. When you settle in for a quick nap because you live on the west coast and plan to wake up at 4 a.m. to get some of the Facebook match money … even if you have to make a donation yourself.
8. When a winter storm knocks your power out as you’re adding the final touches to your campaign page.
9. When you realize you didn’t think about what to send donors the day after Giving Tuesday.
10. When you get the rainbow wheel of death waiting for your campaign to launch at 11:59 p.m.
11. When you see the first donation hit at 12:01 a.m.
12. When you’re trying to find the perfect GIF to share in your thank you emails to friends and family.
With an influx of donations and donors at stake, Giving Tuesday is worth the hustle it takes to pull off a successful campaign. So if your team has spent the last few months planning, testing, and performing outreach—congratulations! You’ve almost made it to the big day, and soon you’ll see the impact of all your hard work.
Have you had an unforgettable “night before Giving Tuesday” moment? Share them with us in the comments!