If there’s one thing we’ve seen this year, it’s that world events can swiftly shift nonprofits’ fundraising operations. As we sprint forward to Giving Tuesday and the year-end giving season, many organizations are questioning how the COVID-19 pandemic and social unrest from this year will affect Giving Tuesday 2020 fundraising and year-end giving.
To provide an answer, Classy’s SVP of marketing and customer growth, Soraya Alexander, hosted a roundtable discussion with three top experts in fundraising strategy:
- Woodrow Rosenbaum: Chief Data Officer at Giving Tuesday
- Karen Hopper: Senior Data Strategist at M+R
- Brandon McRae: Consultant at Community Boost Consulting
Together, they discuss what they’ve each seen from their distinct vantage point and how it should inform your fundraising efforts through the rest of the year. Watch now:
The good news is that the fundamentals of fundraising haven’t changed. What’s changed is your approach to fundraising. There’s a clear indication that people want to give to nonprofits right now, but to capture their support, your organization has to remain agile and nimble.
This is especially important when trying to account for the many unknown variables yet to occur, like the upcoming presidential election. The group discusses how your nonprofit needs to examine, assess, and develop strategies to:
- Activate donors across a variety of touchpoints and channels
- Inform your supporters that you’re still operational and raising funds
- Determine how your supporters want to be spoken with
- Be more aggressive with your email and social media marketing
- Retain crucial support from Giving Tuesday and year-end donors into next year and beyond
To prepare for Giving Tuesday 2020 and year-end, download and watch the video right now. Then, when you’re done, head to Classy’s Giving Tuesday Resource Center to get all the blog posts, webinars, and templates you need to have a successful year-end giving season.