We are looking for dynamic, high-performing, and hard working individuals to join our expanding inside sales team. The ideal candidate is excited to pursue a career in sales and has done their research on what makes an outstanding salesperson. A successful SDR has exceptional communication skills, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is determined to succeed.
Sales Development Reps are the front line of the sales process and spend their days cold calling into nonprofit organizations. SDR’s are measured by their seamless handoffs of qualified leads to our Account Executive team. Success in this role is obtained by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling pressure in stride, all in a team-focused environment. The ultimate goal in the Sales Development Role is to graduate into a full cycle sales role as an Account Executive.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- Making 80-120 cold calls a day to non-profit organizations
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
- Excellent communication skills & dynamic telephone presence - No fear of the phones!
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy
NICE TO HAVE:
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Bachelor’s Degree
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.