Classy's payments platform helps millions of supporters safely and securely donate to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. The Payments team at Classy is committed to creating and maintaining a resilient, accessible, inclusive, and scalable payments platform. This role offers an outstanding challenge that requires designers to work within ambiguous and complex problem spaces.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will craft user experiences that strengthen the trust users have in the platform by simplifying complicated workflows for our customers' supporters. You will be responsible for design experimentation on our existing features, and working with partners to develop and drive the direction of early-stage products focused on rapidly growing our platform in new and exciting ways. You give a damn, and want to use the power of design for good.
Product designers at Classy work in a multidisciplinary pod alongside product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders from across the company. Every day brings new opportunities to partner with our amazing teams across Classy whether in a collaborative workshop, sharing a new prototype for feedback, or presenting at demo day. They drive their own part of the Classy customer experience by delivering solutions to challenging problems and getting feedback directly from customers.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Partner with Product Management organization to help define the future vision for the user experience and the product strategy that will bring that vision to life.
- Lead major product initiatives in partnership with product management and — oversee multiple streams of work across teams from discovery and insights to strategy and launch.
- Create simple and intuitive experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes, and prototypes and continuously iterating to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with all cross-functional teams of talented designers, PMs, engineers, as well as customers, in all phases of design, from discovery to execution.
- Effectively negotiate your design solutions, validated through user research, and gain buy-in from leadership by using data to back-up your decisions.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer, with the goal of creating the most efficient and easy-to-understand experience possible.
- Responsible for advancing craft on their team. Ensure consistency across a variety of products and platforms in the end-to-end user experience.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for our team through the interaction, visual design, and customer experience of products and services from end-to-end
- Define and evangelize Classy’s design system throughout the organization.
What you bring (Required):
- 7+ years professional experience designing web applications, preferably SaaS experience
- Define the design process and lead others through it while motivating teams to transform a product.
- Experience rigorously testing and improving conversion rates, best in class checkout experiences, and love of data-driven design
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent visual, interaction and/or service design skills —a master in their field with a portfolio to prove it
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for global products
- Experience applying accessibility and inclusive design principles to all initiatives
Bonus: Interest in the power of nonprofits and using design to make the world a better place.
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.