Classy is looking for a Content Marketing manager to manage the company’s content marketing operation and guide strategy for the overall success of Classy’s content marketing initiatives. This individual will lead the content team, which includes planning, producing, and analyzing all content we create while iteratively advancing Classy’s editorial vision and mission. The ideal candidate will collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives.
You will also:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of Classy’s content strategy. This includes managing day-to-day content creation, editing, and reporting on the results of each content marketing initiatives. This includes creating and maintaining a monthly editorial content calendar, overseeing our popular Classy blog, and the creation of new content marketing projects that will help drive business goals and objectives.
- Research competitors’ content, messaging and distribution tactics to ensure Classy has a differentiated voice and is staying ahead of others in the space.
- Serve as an exemplary writer - drafting clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Work closely with Classy’s SEO manager to ensure content continues to perform and drive traffic to the Classy website, identifying areas of opportunity.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly content marketing plans; conceptualizing projects, assigning them and overseeing development.
- Constantly measure and report on measurable goals that include, but are not limited to, page views, time spent on page, sales pipeline, net new names, qualified leads, and customer satisfaction.
- Conceptualize and create Classy data reports and white papers, working with internal and external data partners to analyze survey results and turn them into useful findings for our nonprofit audience.
- Copy edit all contributed content and marketing materials including, but not limited to, emails, guides, blog copy, reports, press releases, and social media copy.
- Act as Classy’s gatekeeper, making sure all content produced adheres to the brand guidelines - maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- Work with the greater marketing team to put together a promotional strategy and distribution method for all of Classy’s content.
- Continual monitoring and analysis of published content leveraging Wordpress, Google Analytics, and Marketo. Use these insights to inform future marketing plans and provide intelligence for the overall marketing strategy.
- Work directly with customer success managers to identify interesting storylines for customer content.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketing teammates, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our product’s core benefits properly.
- Manage video content strategy to both amplify written content efforts and serve as another medium for which our audience receives information.
- Push Classy to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels.
What it takes to succeed:
- Extreme attention to detail and an affinity for consistency with voice, tone, and messaging.
- Creative mindset with the ability to take risks, try new things, and pivot accordingly.
- Strong skills in data analysis.
- High facility with synthesizing and presenting data in written reports.
- A passion for the social sector and genuine want to help nonprofits succeed.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well across teams.
- Adaptable and calm in high-stress, tight deadline situations and patient in the face of changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently; self-directed and resourceful.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and juggle priorities.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
What you bring (Required):
- 5+ years of work experience in writing, journalism, content marketing, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP style.
- Read, write and speak English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, naturally collaborative with the ability to work across different levels of seniority and business functions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas, updates and results to business partners on various levels.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Nonprofit and/or SaaS industry experience
- Experience with WordPress, Hubspot, Marketo, or similar software.
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.