Reporting directly to our CEO, the VP, People Operations & Community, is a key hire to enabling Classy’s aggressive growth and great workplace culture. This person will be responsible for all elements of people operations including business partner support, recruiting, learning and development, total rewards, HR systems and operations, compliance, and social impact. You will be a partner to the CEO and the leadership team in developing the company’s strategy.
As both a strategic and operational role, the Head of People will be in a critical position to develop business and people strategies to advance Classy's mission, principles and growth, helping to create the company's culture, and own the full lifecycle of their people.
This position is a great opportunity to be a leader in a high-growth technology company and influence all aspects of Classy’s workforce, promote diversity and inclusion efforts, and build out a team of equally passionate software professionals.
- Think strategically and outside of the box to create programs that help the company gain a competitive advantage while also fostering the professional development of team members.
- Participate in strategic planning by partnering with the leadership team to ensure People Operations initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
- Advising, as a true confidante to the CEO and executive peers, on topics such as organizational design, critical hiring, workforce planning, employee engagement, performance coaching, talent assessment, change management, org communications, etc.
Provide support to the leadership team on priority business initiatives and special projects.
- Help Classy mobilize its values to build a positive company culture that will allow employees to thrive.
- Oversee the further development of our DEI initiatives, ensuring that the company is educated, engaged, and actively building a culture of inclusion & belonging.
- Work with senior leadership to determine, develop and execute on a plan for returning to the workplace.
- Refine Performance Management and feedback program that rewards excellence and promotes continuous learning through real-time feedback.
- Improve upon and advise on the current job leveling and compensation initiative ensuring alignment with performance management strategy.
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and trusted advisor to their People Operations and Recruiting teams to help them achieve their highest potential performance and growth.
- Execute on recruiting strategy and process to ensure a world-class candidate experience that helps maintain Classy's status as a highly sought-after place to work.
- Develop and coach C current and prospective people managers on effective management and feedback practices.
Improve processes and systems to ensure every aspect of the employee lifecycle is optimized.
- Maintain an employee communications strategy, forum, and cadence to ensure alignment with the vision, mission, and evolving culture to ensure employees feel a strong sense of connection.
- 12+ years of experience in a combination of HRBP, People Operations, Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Recruiting, with experience managing teams. 7+ of those years in leadership roles.
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of People Operations, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations, and stakeholder impact.
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs that attract and retain a high-performing, diverse and engaged workforce.
- High level of business acumen and proven effectiveness as an advisor working directly with executives to provide alignment of human capital initiatives with organizational strategy.
- Experienced in data analytics and comfortable using results from that data to influence important decisions.
- Passionate about DEI efforts and focused on always learning and being thoughtful about what DEI strategies will make the most impact.
- Well-versed on federal and state employment laws and HR compliance in order to ensure the business is set up for success.
- Experience with working with remote employees across multiple states preferred.
- Experience with HRIS and Recruiting systems (Paylocity and Greenhouse a plus).
- Practice discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Embody and uphold Classy's values and ensure that they influence all key decisions and initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility at all levels of the organization
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.