Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Director of Engineering to lead a team of engineers to continue the technical evolution of our fundraising product platform and data analytics architecture. The ideal candidate is comfortable with people management and experienced with bringing solutions spanning multi-functional teams to market. They must have the desire to be part of a team that is highly collaborative and focuses on delivering world class quality software.
What you’ll do:
- Foster an environment of cross-team alignment, cooperation, and decision-making that drives success for the entire organization.
- Emphasize an innovative environment for building industry-leading solutions in an iterative Agile development and product planning process.
- Establish an engineering culture of high-value technical decisions, in which Engineers understand business direction and how the Product Technology team facilitates company goals.
- Recruit and grow all Engineering team members, including training and mentoring new managers and team leads.
- Prioritize and direct an engineering schedule that advances the platform evolution staying ahead of product roadmap priorities oriented for customer needs.
- Establish and communicate clear metrics and processes for monitoring and delivering progress against objectives and timelines.
- Participate in escalated defect triage and work with team to resolve prioritized defect fixes
- Partner with senior management to own and drive core business initiatives.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field of study. Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years leading technical initiatives on multiple platforms including SaaS or PaaS products.
- 8+ years experience leading Engineering teams focused on product-led growth and scale on an enterprise SaaS platform.
- 8+ years of software development experience with distributed teams
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate, and grow engineering teams that deliver quality products using an agile approach on a predictable timeline.
- Thorough understanding of what it takes to manage a successful engineering team with experience developing processes to enhance communication, collaboration, and teamwork for onshore and offshore team members.
- Broad experience architecting enterprise-class, cloud-based systems with deep expertise in application development, including mobile technologies, web services, and back-end application infrastructure.
- Strong background in quality and deployment infrastructure. Experience with leading automated and unit testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms, and various testing methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of security principles, including what it takes to secure data and how to communicate security concepts to customers and stakeholders.
- Experience working with advanced analytics and optimizing data collection and utilization.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to make business-oriented tradeoffs, and represent the platform solutions and challenges to a non-technical audience.
- An innate sense of quality enmeshed with a sharp system engineering skill set, with strong computer science fundamentals.
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience with refactoring complex architecture to microservice patterns
- Experience building PCI compliant systems
- Direct ownership over implementing long term strategic goals of a technical architecture.
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.