Classy fundraising platform helps millions of supporters safely and securely donate to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. The Fundraiser team at Classy is dedicated to improving every touchpoint of the fundraiser's journey from the first time a supporter creates their peer-to-peer fundraising page to a team captain who’s been raising for decades. This role offers an outstanding challenge that requires designers to work within ambiguous and complex problem spaces.
We’re looking for a talented designer with a passion for balancing the complexities of enterprise software and customer joy. You’ll be responsible for framing the end-to-end customer experience, concept ideation and design, prototyping, and presenting ideas to the team. You will work on experiences within the Classy product team to define solutions, hit milestones, and reach goals. More than anything, you give a damn and want to use the power of design for good.
You will be driving our fundraising experience to the next level. Every meeting you attend will give you the chance to be a customer champion and challenge the traditional concept of charitable giving to be more inclusive, engaging, and delightful.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Driven by user research— learns and designs for people's core intentions and needs
- Create personas, customer journeys, information architecture diagrams, etc. to illustrate the customer experience for your team and everyone at Classy
- Can identify high impact product opportunities using data/metrics and design thinking methodologies
- Able to collect, filter, and incorporate user feedback iteratively and quickly
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced growth environment
- Can juggle competing constraints and needs
- Strong communication skills to understand user needs and advocate for them
- Empathetic communication and interested in contributing to the overall growth of the team and learning from others
- Collaborates and enjoys drawing out creativity from teammates to come up with the best solutions and build consensus
- Has an eye for good visual design
What you bring (Required):
- Empower and mobilize the world for good is a mission that excites and motivates you
- 4+ years professional experience designing enterprise software
- A portfolio of awesome case studies that showcase your ability to identify personas, map customer journeys, build consensus, and iterate based on feedback and data
- Capacity for simplifying complexity and ability to create successful user experiences
- Thrives when working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Loves prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team
- Experience conducting user research and analysis
- Ability to make complex topics, ideas and tasks clear and easy to understand
- Proficiency with a variety of design tools (we use Figma)
- Solid experience applying Design Thinking practices to projects
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience applying accessibility and inclusive design principles to all initiatives
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.