Classy fundraising platform helps millions of supporters safely and securely donate to nonprofits and the inspiring causes they stand for. The design system team at Classy is part of our promise to create a consistent, accessible, and inclusive platform for anyone, anywhere trying to contribute to a better world.
We’re looking for a talented designer with a passion for balancing the complexities of enterprise software and customer joy. You’ll be responsible for auditing our current components, seeking out quick wins, and building out a long-term plan for what our design system could be. You will need to be familiar with our end-to-end customer experience and will present ideas to the team. You will work on experiences within the Classy product team to define documentation standards, hit milestones, and hold the team accountable to our shared design language. More than anything, you give a damn and want to use the power of design for good.
The design systems team at Classy is a multidisciplinary team where you’ll be working side by side with engineers to bring your components to life. You’ll be helping build the Classy design system, working closely with our cross-functional partners, to build out a unified design system that brings all of our products at Classy together under a common design language.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Create flexible, hardworking components and patterns that push the quality of the product and can be built to scale across several teams and products
- Evolve the Classy design system for mobile and web by approaching problems holistically and thinking in scalable systems
- Plan strategically as a partner with engineering, product, and brand to identify and prioritize design systems opportunities and define the future of design systems at Classy
- Write concise, easy-to-understand docs to communicate team plans and decisions
- Create unified, cohesive design guidelines for Classy’s products
- Socialize the design system across our internal organization and create processes that empower other designers to contribute to the design system
- Apply a pragmatic approach to systems design by understanding and incorporating product priorities, and complex technical and business requirements
- Ideate, design, and build components with an accessibility and inclusive first mindset
What you bring:
- 4+ years of experience working in Product Design and 1+ year of experience working on Design Systems
- A strong portfolio of product design and design systems work, including designs that showcase both an ability to think in scalable systems, and a solid understanding of key graphic design principles (hierarchy/layout, color, and typography).
- Experience creating new visual directions, including color theory and typography, and ensuring they’re carried out consistently
- Able to think in scalable systems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present complex ideas clearly in both verbal and written formats
- Unparalleled collaboration skills and extensive experience partnering with engineers to create beautiful products in an agile environment
- Experience working in Figma
- Experience applying accessibility and inclusive design principles to all initiatives
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.
Available in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, IN, KS, MT, NV, OR, UT, VA, WI, GA, TX, NJ, WA, IL, PA