Classy is looking for a Senior Brand Designer to create interactive web experiences that delight our customers, meets company goals, and reinforces our brand.
As part of the Brand Design team, the Brand Designer will ensure the brand is communicated thoughtfully and impactfully across our web properties, paid media, email, social and other marketing mediums. The Brand Designer will have excellent design skills that include concepting, wireframing, architecture, motion design and prototyping, along with expert employment of color, typography, and visual storytelling. They work closely with engineers to craft and deliver design specifications and ensure quality builds. They weave the voice of the customer into each project they drive. Testing is core to what they do - designing with a learn, iterate, refine approach. The Brand Designer will work closely with in-house writers, SEO experts, campaign managers, and external agencies to ensure that our work is exceptional.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the design vision and strategy for high-visibility projects across our websites, marketing materials, internal and external company initiatives, and our brand evolution.
- Amplify marketing campaigns with well-designed interactive digital content, inspired social media engagements, and promotional ads that bring Classy’s brand to life and complement a user's journey from start to finish, while fulfilling campaign goals.
- Prioritize and project manage your own workload while meeting critical milestones and deadlines. Accustomed to balancing multiple projects at one time.
- Create, maintain, and distribute easy to use templates for reusable, systematic design.
- Contribute to and evolve our design system, informed by trends, technology, customer feedback and testing.
- Design with a user-centric approach and accessibility and inclusive design at your core.
- Clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale. Complete projects by coordinating with team members and communicating progress to proper stakeholders.
- Build great relationships with design, development, marketing, and other teams through open, collaborative communication and a commitment to shared goals.
- Shares knowledge with the broader team, and is an active contributor to collective team growth.
What you bring (Required):
- 4-5+ years design experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC + Figma (including prototyping)
- Comfortable with AfterEffects, creating animated digital content
- Some knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, Wordpress, CMS, and Marketo programs a plus - ability to partner with a development team to deliver and implement designs
- Foster a user-centric design culture, values, and principles within the group and to the broader organization to elevate craft
- Portfolio that demonstrates results-driven design skills in user experience and visual design (please submit link to online portfolio)
- Evaluate the usability of features and make constructive suggestions for change
- Passion for crafting and maintaining a growing design system with fixed and flexible elements, and usage guidelines to encourage cohesion
- Familiarity working with and evolving brand guidelines
- Openness to new ideas and different ways of thinking
- You are enthusiastic about details
- Approaches problem-solving with a customer-first mindset
- Self-motivated independence and a drive for quality, consistency, and design excellence
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.