Classy's Product Technology team is hiring a Senior Release Train Engineer to guide and coach for Classy’s Agile Release Train, delivering enterprise software at scale. The Senior Release Train Engineer will lead efforts to resolve and escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery, and drive program level continuous improvement. As a Senior Release Train Engineer, you will be accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The ideal candidate will combine solid engineering expertise with product aptitude, is driven by exciting technical challenges that come with scale, and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
Guide Classy engineering teams on Agile Release Train on Scrum practices, and develop their understanding of Agile principles.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution across teams, stakeholders, and executives; including external teams, and business partners.
- Responsible for providing status updates and reporting pertaining to Agile Release Train plans/delivery/timelines/impediments to stakeholders and leadership.
- Measure delivery, maturity, and performance to review the metrics with the Agile Release Train to identify improvement opportunities.
- Support builds and deployments to staging and production environments.
- Maintain build plans and integration tasks that utilize CI/CD best practices.
- Coordinate with QA, Development, and IT in configuring, implementing, testing and debugging the enterprise applications and systems.
- Assist in resolution of issues that affect software release scope, risk, and quality.
- Develop documentation to describe operational procedures and change controls.
What you bring (Required):
- 5+ years as a Release Train Engineer in a large enterprise environment
- Deep understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
- Expertise with source code management systems (Git is preferred), branching strategies, merging, pull requests, and CICD.
- Experience in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.