We are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are enabling our non-profit clients to mobilize and empower the world for good. You'll be an advocate of Classy's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and make sure all “people decisions” are based on data. Whether coaching our leaders on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our team members, you are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help Classy’s staff understand how “people decisions” get made.
As the People Partner, you will be responsible for solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You will be required to think big, execute smart, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention and, in some cases, to reimagine how work can be done. You’ll partner cross-functionally with leaders and the People Operations team to design and execute strategies for how we onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work.
Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, legal compliance, coaching, data analysis, employee relations, culture and engagement.
Leadership + Business Partnering
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution, enabling them to thrive through your thoughtful guidance and coaching
- Drive the HR vision and execution of people strategies to deliver positive results
- Serve as a strategic partner with business leaders and managers to retain, develop and motivate people
- Build, lead, & support HR initiatives and programs e.g., annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management
- Serve as a link between management and employees and provide HR support and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Proactively assess and execute on talent management strategies to support individual and team growth and development
- Lead performance management initiatives including workforce planning, talent reviews, and succession planning
- Partner with managers to build leadership capabilities and identify high potential employees
- Solve problems and conduct investigations to ge to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex
- Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions
- Provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational design consultation. Ability to translate business unit trends into organizational actions and priorities.
- Partner with stakeholders on the People Team to facilitate HR processes and ensure operational excellence (with a view towards optimization)
- Help facilitate leadership development and management training; engage the organization in on-going learning and development
- Provide counsel regarding human resource and employee issues to all levels of management and employees. Assist in employee dispute resolution, with key attention to legal and ethical considerations, and a goal of maintaining positive employee morale
- Use and request data strategically -- Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health. Interpret complex analyses and tie back to business priorities
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ (7+ highly preferred) years of experience in a human resource role, supporting 200+ employees
- Extensive experience in all aspects of HR employee relations, training & development, compliance, change management, employee relations, organizational development and talent management
- Experience in a start-up/early-stage environment where you helped developed the HR frameworks and policies highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of nationwide labor laws and HR best practices
- Empathetic and engaging: You connect well with others and understand their needs
- You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Highly Organized: You can juggle and coordinate multiple activities and opportunities with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive and bring order in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and high growth environment
- Integrity: You understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues
- Solutions-driven: You believe there’s a way you can solve any challenge. You understand and are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.