Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association would like to invite you to attend a 6.25 credit hour (general credit approved) CLE that will provide local legal professionals a look at Legends in the Law.
Taking and building upon the experiences of the legal minds in Northeast Ohio, we will have 4 interactive presentations: Legends of Business, Legends from the Bar, Legends from the Bench, and Legends in Academics.
Each presentation will draw distinctions of career moments and highlight the changes in the operation of law overtime and how the legal field has adapted.
This presentation will include an interactive format of question and answer during each presentation.
Light Breakfast and Lunch Included.
We look forward to you joining us for another exciting CLE!
WHAT: 6.25 Credit Hour CLE – general credit approved
WHERE: Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Moot Courtroom
WHEN: Friday, November 17, 2017
Registration begins at 8:30 am
CLE begins promptly at 9:00 am and will conclude at 4:30 pm
HOW: Register through Classy today!
$160 Full Day Admission | $90 Half Day Admission (morning or afternoon) | $50 for non-attorneys | $25 for students
Admission includes a light breakfast and lunch.
6.25 Hour CLE Credit (general credit approved)
We have some truly phenomenal legends in the law lined up to present during this event!
**Light Breakfast and Lunch Included**
Organizer: Nicholas E. Froning | Attorney, Koblentz & Penvose, LLC
- Opening remarks by Tim L. Collins | President, Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association
- Moderated by Lee Fisher | Dean, Cleveland Marshall College of Law
Legends of Business
- Mark Smolik | General Counsel Chief Compliance Officer, DHL Supply Chain Americas
- Richard Stovsky | Vice Chairman, Midwest Region, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- P. Kelly Tompkins | Chief Operating Officer & Executive Vice President, Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Legends in Academics
- Sheryl King Benford | Chief Legal Officer, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Stephen G. Sozio | Partner, Jones Day
Legends from the Bench
- Dan A. Polster | Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Melody Stewart | Judge, Ohio Court of Appeals, Eighth Appellate District
- Patricia A. Blackmon | Judge, Court of Appeals, Eighth Appellate District
Legends from the Bar
- José C. Feliciano | Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Karen Giffen | Attorney at Law, Giffen & Kaminski
- Kerin Lyn Kaminski | Attorney at Law, Giffen & Kaminski
If you find you can no longer attend a program, please contact the alumni office at email@example.com. We would be happy to assist you by transferring your registration to a colleague or setting up a credit for a different CMLAA CLE event.
If you prefer, you may receive a full refund, less a $10 processing fee. Any cancellations received within 3 business days of the seminar will not be eligible for a cash refund, but may still take advantage of one of the alternate options listed above. Special full-day CLEs may have increased processing fees.
In the event that an event is cancelled a full refund will be issued.
Parking is not included in the cost of CLEs. The West Garage at Cleveland State University is located one block from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, on E. 17th between Euclid and Chester Avenues. For additional information regarding parking at Cleveland State University, please visit: http://www.csuohio.edu/parking/.
Supreme Court Credit
All CLE courses are pending approval for Ohio CLE general credit, unless otherwise stated. If the course has been approved for Attorney Conduct or New Lawyer Training Credit that will be indicated.
CMLAA has 30 days to close a course and report the attendee’s hours to the Ohio Supreme Court. The Court has 30 days to report the hours to your transcript.
If you would like to submit your hours for credit in another state we will provide a certificate of attendance. Credit is subject to approval by the applicable state bar and attendee is responsible for credit submission. We cannot guarantee CLE approval for any state other than Ohio.
CMLAA can be reached by contacting Erin Vokes at firstname.lastname@example.org.