Angel Run Colorado Springs
Each year, approximately 1,500 domestic violence victims are murdered. These women, children, and babies become our Angels. Break the Silence's 2017 Angel Run honors the memories of these precious lives and creates a legacy to help save the lives of others. The Angel Run is a 22-day remembrance walk that can take place anywhere you are. The goal is to join BTS in our fundraising challenge throughout the month of July while honoring the lives and legacies of our 40 Angels.
You can sign up for our Angel Run, it's free and easy to sign up. Pick any of our 40 Angel Teams and grab your friends to join with you. The beauty of this fundraising challenge is it invites survivors and advocates against abuse to come together around the world to honor and remember those who lost their lives to domestic violence.
Join us on Saturday, July 22nd as we welcome dozens of Angel Families from across the USA to Colorado Springs and honor their beloved angels during this special 5k experience. We'll have live music, games and entertainments for the kids, purple goodies, and opportunities to win prizes.
Pre-race festivities kick off at 9:00 a.m. | Race begins at 10:00
Paid Admission includes: Bronze medal and complete access to pre and post event action. *T-Shirts and Angel Run gear available for sale at the event.
FREE ADMISSION TO ALL ANGEL RUNNERS WHO PARTICIPATED IN OUR 22-DAY FUNDRAISING CHALLENGE.
100% of proceeds benefit Angel Programs and programs supporting survivors of domestic violence offered by Break the Silence against Domestic Violence, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization benefitting victims, survivors, and angel families nationwide.
You are an important part of the fight against domestic violence. Getting involved is easy!
- Create your own fundraising page, become a runner, and encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to support you.
- Make a financial donation to your team and encourage businesses to support you as you complete your first ever Angel Run 5k.
- Share this opportunity with family and friends.
When you become an Angel Runner or support runners with your financial donation, you become part of a grassroots effort to:
- bring a large and diverse audience face-to-face with the life and death nature of domestic violence.
- educate people to recognize the warning signs of an abusive relationship.
- eliminate the unfair judgment carried by family members of domestic violence murder victims.
- give family members an opportunity to share their stories, many for the first time.
1. Can I bring my pets? Sorry, but please leave your four-legged friends at home!
2. Can kids come? Absolutely, we love people of all sizes.
3. What should I wear? Purple of course!
4. Do I need to have been affected by domestic violence? Absolutely not, we welcome everyone to join!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Nanette Chezum at firstname.lastname@example.org.