FEATURING A LIVE PAINTING PERFORMANCE BY CONTEMPORARY ARTIST, JD MILLER
Honorary Chairs: Nancy A. Nasher and David J. Haemisegger
Event Co-Chairs: Kim Bannister and Janie Whitmarsh
David Forbes and Todd Russell
Please join us on Friday, April 27, 2018 at the Nasher Sculpture Center as we celebrate Derek, Tammy and their huge loving extended family with cocktails, dinner and lively conversations all while watching JD Miller create a masterpiece to music. Vitality will also present the following items for live auction opportunities:
- Access to an 18-person suite at a regular season Dallas Mavericks game during the 2018-2019 season (18 tickets & 5 Lexus garage parking passes), plus a 2018-19 autographed team ball ($4,500 Value)
- $5,000 gift certificate for Eiseman Jewelers at NorthPark
- Steamboat, Colorado summer or winter experience
- Peloton bike and accessories ($3,500 Value)
- Pinto Ranch Package which includes Stallion Alligator Boots, a matching alligator belt and a Comstock sterling silver buckle set ($5,000 Value)
- Four Seasons Experience includes: 2 night Villa Suite Guest Room Stay, Round of golf for two at TPC Four Seasons, Two 50 minute Spa treatments in the Well & Being Spa (Value $3,140)
- JD Miller original painting. This masterpiece will be created throughout the evening. Watch for yourself while art comes to life (Value: priceless)
There will be additional items and details available the evening of the event.
The Wood family totally relies on the belief that ALS is not an incurable disease, it is just underfunded. Thank you for your continuing prayers and support. Proceeds will support the ALS Therapy Development Institute, Dr. Karussis at Hadassah Hospital and Dr. Eva Feldman at the University of Michigan Hospital.
Derek and Tammy Wood live in Dallas, Texas with their combined family of four boys; Kenneth 28, Connor 20, Tyler 18 and Jace 17. Derek was born and raised in Kahala, Hawaii and played multiple sports growing up and attended the University of Southern California. Derek has worked as the Leasing Director for NorthPark Center for 17 years, sharing the same vision for NorthPark Center that Patsy and Ray Nasher and now that of their daughter Nancy Nasher and son in law David Haemisegger. Derek is responsible for NorthPark’s strong brand that mixes luxury retail with a world class art collection. Derek continues to work every day to keep that vision alive and drive to make NorthPark the best shopping center in the US.
Derek was officially diagnosed with ALS in March of 2016 after seeing 11 doctors/specialists and every test you can have from head to toe. Derek had symptoms going back as early as February 2014; he will be turning 55 this month.
He was an avid snowboarder, surfer, competitive off-road motorcycling, hiker, baseball coach and sportsman!
Derek met Tammy "the love of his life" in 2010, they married in 2013. They travel and enjoy their time and family time together, especially when they go to their second home in Steamboat Springs, Colorado with the boys and 3 rescue schnauzers.
Tammy and Derek both want to see the day when no other family has to go through this experience of battling with ALS. They are doing all they can to help raise awareness and funding for ALS research. The Wood Family shares the hope with the rest of the ALS Therapy Development Institute family of scientists and experts that we will be able to advance the most promising drug we have seen yet AT-1501. AT-1501 is an antibody therapeutic with comprehensive and promising preclinical data. It blocks specific immune cell activation and may protect nerves against the progression of ALS. Why we are excited about AT-1501? In preclinical testing, AT-1501 produced the most exciting outcomes we have seen in the over 300 drugs tested since the inception of ALS TDI. All of these data have been consistently reproduced, enhancing our excitement and confidence that AT-1501 is one of the best drug candidates ever developed for advancement to clinical trial for ALS.