Get ready, Des Moines Superheroes! Help-A-Heart and Heart Heroes, Inc. present the 4th Annual Superhero Heart Run at Raccoon River Park! On Sunday, October 22, 2017, Iowa will be suiting up in superhero gear and capes to "Save the Day for Congenital Heart Defects"!
Proceeds raised from this event will be utilized to provide support, education, research and create awareness for CHD, the most common birth defect worldwide. Families in Iowa will benefit directly through the programs and services provided by Help-A-Heart and Heart Heroes, Inc.
Adults: $25 ♥︎ Children (2 - 12): $10 ♥︎ Heart Heroes (those with CHD): FREE! (Online pricing through 10/20/17. Walk-up registration available day-of event.)
- All paid, online registrants will receive a commemorative Superhero Heart Run Cape (capes will be provided for walk-up registrants as available). Capes are distributed at the event. One free race bag is distributed per family as available.
- Heart Heroes (those with CHD) are always free; however they do need to register.
- Heart Heroes are encouraged to wear their custom Heart Hero Cape to the run so we can distinguish our honored guests! Click here to request a Heart Hero Cape – please enter the code “SHHR” into the Organization Code field so we can get your cape ordered and shipped in time for the run!
- Please note, commemorative run capes are only provided for paid registrations and are provided during check-in at the event.
- Make sure you create or join a fundraising team. We need your help to "Save the Day for CHD" and reach our fundraising goal!
Venue Info & Schedule
12:00pm - 2:00pm: Walk-up Registration & Check-in ♥︎ 12:00pm - 2:00pm: Family Activities ♥︎ 2:00pm: 5k/2k Start
Raccoon River Park – 2500 Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA 50265
Des Moines 2017 Fundraising Goal - $20,000 You Have the Power to Save the Day for Congenital Heart Defects!
Help us achieve our fundraising goal! Visit our Fundraising Page for info and tools to help you kickstart your fundraising efforts!
Sponsor opportunities found on our Sponsor Page!
Contact us to volunteer for the run!
Exclusive Superhero Heart Run T-shirts: Now, you can show your support for CHD Awareness year-round (unless you wear your superhero cape all year long - which is cool, too). Youth (XS-L) and Adult (S-2XL) sizes available and can be yours with a minimum donation of $15-$22! Order yours here today - you can choose size and quantity and add them to your cart. We'll only have a very limited number available at the event, so we recommend you order yours TODAY!
We Thank Our Sponsors for Supporting the
4th Annual Des Moines Superhero Heart Run!
~ Superhero Sponsor ~
~ Hero Sponsor ~
Help-A-Heart has a mission to solely benefit children with congenital heart defects (CHD’s) who are hospitalized during a surgery or other health related issues for an extended period of time. Help-A-Heart provides meals for families on surgery day, gifts for heart kiddos and families during hospital stays, gift cards for food and gas, payment for lodging or their stay at the Ronald McDonald House, special visits to families in the hospital, monthly support group meetings and special events including Mom’s Night Out, Valentine’s Day and Christmas parties and other family-oriented events.
Heart Heroes, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing support to children and families affected by Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) through the distribution of superhero capes, programs to offer hope, and funding for CHD research. Please visit our website for more information at www.heartheroes.org.