Rappel Over the Edge for the El Paso Zoo
Much like our spider monkeys that rappel from ropes daily, only 100 participants can participate in this exclusive Over the Edge opportunity in the El Paso del Norte region. We are confident that these spots will go quickly, so register today!
This unique fundraising challenge in which registrants or "edgers" commit to wildlife care, education and conservation efforts at the El Paso Zoo in exchange for the opportunity of a lifetime - to rappel down the Anson Mills Building,145 ft. high, looking over San Jacinto Plaza in the heart of Downtown El Paso.
- There is a $50 registration fee, which will be applied toward your $1,000 fundraising minimum.
- Edgers must be 18yrs of age. It is recommended that Edgers are between 100lbs-300lbs for the best rappel experience.
- We can accommodate special needs rappellers, just let us know.
- Registrants will receive information about Zoo happenings, fundraising support, guided tours, long-sleeve t-shirt for event day and a registrant packet.
- Registrants will be invited to the Fierce Liquid Courage Reception on Friday, February 17, 2017 at the Double Tree Downtown from 6pm-8pm.
Single Edger - $1,000 (minimum)
Engage in the ultimate wild challenge and go over and beyond for our El Paso Zoo. All Edgers will receive the opportunity to receive personalized information about the Zoo and fundraising coaching. The top fundraiser will receive an opportunity to rappel on VIP/Media Day and an exclusive behind the scenes tour of the Zoo.
Team Edgers - Team of Two $1,500 ($750/Edger minimum)
Like to do things with a buddy? Teams of two can sign up and go over the edge together! Just remember the same $50 registration PER Edger is applied. Prizes will be given out to the top fundraising team.
**Limited NIGHT TIME Rappel** - $1,500 (minimum)
New this year, go over the edge and into the fun.... AT NIGHT! Sunset will be at 6pm. We are allowing 2 full hours of night time rappelling. Go down the Mills Building the way the Dark Knight would! Slots are limited so sign up TODAY!
How to Register
Step 1 Participants can register for Over the Edge for the El Paso Zoo by clicking the register buttons at the top.
Step 2 Want to do it on your own? Click on Participate as an individual. Click on, Single Edger. Schools can click on Principal. Then click, continue.
Step 3 Fill-out all the questions in the order summary. Enter in your payment details. If you have trouble here, call our office at 915-212-2877. Then click, submit order.
Step 4 You are registered! Keep your registration ticket for the day of the event.
Step 5 Customize your page. Add your photo, a story of why you are going over the edge, and any photos.
Step 6 Share your page with your office, family, and friends! Let them know that you are going over the edge for the El Paso Zoo and have them donate to your page online. You can also collect checks made out to El Paso Zoological Society, and we will apply it to your fundraising goal.
Step 7 Raise $1,000 or over on your webpage to secure your space on event day. If you are just below your goal on February 18th, you have the option to fill out a credit guarantee form that helps secure your spot on event day. We’ll charge the difference of what you need to reach $1,000, and you will have two weeks to fundraise that money after the event. We will reimburse you the money we charged on event day if you fundraise to the goal.
That is it! Then you will be ready to go Over the Edge!
Follow our Facebook Page here
About Event Day
- VIP/ Media Day Friday, February 17, 2:00PM-5:00PM
- Main Event Day, Saturday, February 18, NOON-8:00PM
- Edgers will be assigned to 1hr time slots
- The event will go on rain or shine, we have experienced technicians that will ensure the best plan for rappel event day.