2017 COTS Walk!
*registration 1 p.m., Walk starts at 2 p.m. *
The annual COTS Walk is a 3-mile trek around downtown Burlington starting from Battery Park, following the route a person who is homeless might travel to receive shelter and services. This is the one day of the year COTS opens our shelters to the community so people can see how their support results in action.
Registration opens at 1p.m.; the walk begins at 2 p.m., leaving from Battery Park and heading down the Church Street Marketplace along Main Street and into surrounding neighborhoods. Along the way, walkers are invited inside of COTS shelters, and are provided with a short tour of our facilities.
COTS Walk SWAG!
- We have COTS Walk T-Shirts with unique designs that change year-to-year. To receive one, you must:
- Register for the walk
- Fundraise for COTS:
- Walkers 16 and under: $75.00
- Walkers 17 and older: $150.00
- For individuals that go above and beyond, and raise at least $1,000, they'll receive:
- The t-shirt mentioned above
- A COTS reusable water bottle
- Limited supply COTS Challenge Walker swag
- This year's Challenge Walker swag includes a camping chair, a sweater or a jacket!
- Challenge walkers are also recognized with certificates at our annual volunteer appreciation meeting!
The walk takes about an hour and concludes back at Battery Park where walkers are met with music and refreshments.