Chairs With A Purpose!
In honor of The Cancer Support Center's 25th Anniversary, the Village of Homewood is partnering with The Center to present Chairs With A Purpose -- an artistic collaboration for all.
Join the fun and help make a difference for our community! It's easy!
- Purchase a chair to be decorated
- Paint/decorate the chair! Use your imagination!
- Auction the chair. All proceeds benefit The Cancer Support Center
- April 13 - Early order date
- April 27 - Additional order date
- April 24 - Pick up date at Ebel's Ace, for April 13 orders
- May 8 - Pick up date at Ebel's Ace, for April 27 orders
- June 1 - Chairs due to The Center, Homewood
- June 3 - Chairs unveiled at The Center's Block Party
- June 8 & 9 - Chairs displayed at Homewood's Artisan Street Fair
- July - Chairs displayed throughout The Village
- August 13 - Online Auction begins
- August 18 - Auction ends 5 p.m. | Chairs must be picked up at Homewood's Block Party Tent by 7 p.m.
- Group Painting dates TBD
Thank you to our partners!
Why Chairs With a Purpose?
The Cancer Support Center is here to give strength, guidance and support to anyone living with a cancer diagnosis, as well as to their loved ones. We do this as a community-based, volunteer-driven, donor-supported organization. Our programs, resources and services are always delivered by professional therapists, counselors, nutritionists, and experts; and are provided in a warm, welcoming and nurturing setting at no cost to participants.