Boyne Shred the Love, March 1, 2014
Boyne Highlands is proud to host Boarding for Breast Cancer -- a day of community support for breast cancer awareness and detection benefiting Boarding for Breast Cancer and the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation.
Join us for a day of fun and community, and take part in fundraising auctions, Boyne Country Sports shop demos and a host of other festive, fun and often informative activities. Riders and skiers of all ages – and genders – are invited to participate in a tribute ride to honor those affected, and serve as a reminder that a healthy, active lifestyle is one of the greatest means of cancer prevention. Visit the on-site cancer awareness outreach booth to learn more about what you can do.
This year’s fundraising goal is $10,000, with proceeds going to Boarding for Breast Cancer, and the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund, administered by the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. But while our fundraising goal is important, our larger objective is to raise awareness and draw support for two outstanding programs that strive every day to improve the outlook those with breast cancer – and to pave the way for a brighter future.
Fundraising Goal for 2014: $10,000
We have set an aggressive goal for this year, but with your help we know we can do this!
- 8:30-10:30am: B4BC Cancer Outreach Awareness Tent set up near Lift Ticket Window
- 11-3pm: B4BC Cancer Outreach Awareness Tent set up near the Wonder Carpet
*Boyne Country Sports Demo Day – $5 donation per ride
*Experience Snowboarding – A representative from Burton will be on hand as our SnowSports Academy instructors show you what it is like to board. Donations appreciated.
- Noon: Bidding begins for the Chinese Auction and Silent Auction. Bid on a variety of unique items and gift baskets.
- 1pm: Tribute Ride – Join the Tribute Ride down Valley View to Kath Run and Camelot slopes at1pm on Saturday. Your donation of $10 includes a pink bandana and your signature on the Tribute Board. Registration from 12:30-1pm at the Fort near the top of the Funland Terrain Park.
- 4pm: Awards Party in the Zoo Bar Party to include 50/50 raffle, Chinese Auction, top fundraiser awards, giveaways and Thank You’s.
Show your support:
- We welcome everyone to become a fundraiser for the cause. Go to our B4BC- Stay Classy fundraising page to register and click on "Become A Fundraiser" at the top of the page, then follow the steps to custom create your own campaign. You'll be able to send a link to all of your friends and relatives and they can donate to your page with a click of the mouse. The top 3 fundraisers will win special B4BC prizes. You don't have to participate in the event to be a fundraiser.
- Purchase a B4BC jelly wristband for $2 at the Aonoch Mor Cafe, Adventure Center, Zoo Bar or Slopeside Lounge after February 1, 2014.
- The 'Pink Lift Ticket Option’ when you purchase a lift ticket starting February 1, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
- Become a B4BC Event Sponsor! Download the B4BC Sponsorship Form to learn more.
Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund
Through the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation , the fund provides mammograms to women ages 40 – 64 years old who have no insurance or are underinsured and supports breast health educational programs in our community. Over several years, gifts to the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund helped to provide: 180 patients with mammography, 30 patients with second screenings and 18 patients with biopsies.
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC)
Is a non-profit, youth-focused education, awareness, and fundraising foundation. Their mission is to increase awareness about breast cancer, the importance of early detection and the value of an active lifestyle. More info at www.b4bc.org.