Skate the [Willamette] River 2013
You're invited to take part in the First Annual Skate the [Willamette] River, a 16-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for B4BC's education and prevention programs. Come out and longboard, bike, or skate for Boarding for Breast Cancer on July 13!
This unique event runs along a 16-mile portion of the Willamette River through the beautiful urban setting of Portland, Oregon, which kicks-off B4BC's summer long "Skate the..." series, which also includes:
The 9th Annual Skate the Lake [Tahoe]
A 28-mile push through the peaceful, natural setting of Lake Tahoe
- AND -
The 7th Annual Skate the Coast [L.A.]
An 18-mile coastline route from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach, CA, with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop.
The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $10,000 for the B4BC's outreach and prevention programs and a local Portland non-profit. Here's how you can get on board:
FRIDAY, JULY 12: KICK-OFF PARTY: 4-9PM
>>Register at this celebratory kick-off event and meet fellow riders at Clarklewis Restaurant with pro athletes, raffles, music by Lincoln's Beard, food and more (www.clarklewispdx.com)
Join us for registration, live entertainment (acoustic/DJ), silent auction and meet and greet with X Games Athletes Kevin Kowalski and Ben Hatchell.
4-9 pm at Clarklewis Restaurant (1001 SE Water Ave, at Taylor)
SATURDAY, JULY 13: THE GREAT SKATE!
8 am SHARP!
Skate, Bike or Rollerskate 16 miles along the Willamette River
3 Hydration Stations along the way
Celebration and awards ceremony at the finish
Top 3 fundraisers win a GoPro Hero 3* and skateboards, prizes and more!
*Must fundraise at least $500 to win a GoPro Hero 3
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone under 18 years old.
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the [Willamette] River will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it's guaranteed that your first time won't be your last. It's that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must fundraise a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver!).
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile you are already past this goal. Or - you can pay the amount yourself but it's more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets for Friday Kick-Off Party (must be present to win)
- Commemorative "Skate the..." series shirt
- If you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver and ask for your t-shirt size before the event.
*If you participate in Skate the [Willamette] River your registration fee for Skate the Lake and Skate the Coast will be reduced to $25 per event. Please contact Liza@b4bc.org for details.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // MUST raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt and (2) kick-off party raffle tickets
- GROM // Raise $100—receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster + (10) kick-off party raffle tickets
- BOMB // Raise $200-- receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster, PLUS (15) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- EPIC // Raise $300-- receive "Skate the..." series t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (20) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade - making you eligible for member benefits, free entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2013/2014!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that could include GoPro cameras*, skateboards and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Sun Bum, Arbor, CCS and more...
*MUST fundraise at least $500 to be eligible for GoPro camera prize for top 3 fundraisers
About B4BC's Skate the Willamette River, Skate the Coast & Skate the Lake
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. Through grassroots events, year-round educational outreach and the Survivorship Fund, B4BC is able to further its mission of promoting early detection + a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention. To learn more, visit B4BC.org