PATRIOTIC PIN UP CONTEST!
Realities For Children Charities & Imperfect Simplicity is hosting a PATRIOTIC PIN-UP GIRL CONTEST on Saturday, May 27th at 5:30pm at the 2017 Realities Ride & Rally in Civic Center Park, Fort Collins. All proceeds benefit Realities For Children Charities, serving local children who have been abused, neglected, or are at-risk. Contestants can win a variety of prizes, including cash and photo sessions!
1. Register online for $10.00 through Wednesday, May 24th
2. Register at the Contest Stage TABLE (in the center of Civic Center Park during the
Realities Ride & Rally) for $15.00 cash, between 4:30-5:00pm on Saturday, May 28th.
(then be at the STAGE by 5:15 for contest)
1. Participants must be 18 years of age.
2. We are looking for specific looks from the 1940s and 1950s- the more patriotic the better. Hair, makeup, and attire is the responsibility of the contestant.
3. We will NOT accept any nudity, lingerie, swimsuits, or burlesque themed attire. If your outfit doesn’t meet our criteria you will disqualified. This is a PG and family-friendly event.
4. Each contestant needs to have a short bio. This can be serious, fun, quirky... anything that describes you and your unique personality. Again, this is a PG and family-friendly event. If we find it to be inappropriate, we will ask you to rewrite it before the contest begins. The bio can be written out ahead of time and brought on paper to the contest or you can fill it out at check-in before the contest.
5. Check-in/Registration will be from 4:30-5:00pm at the Contest Stage TABLE. Please be in full contest-ready makeup and attire. Have your pre-written or typed BIO with you... or you can fill it out onsite. PLEASE WRITE CLEARLY SO OUR EMCEE CAN READ YOUR INFORMATION EASILY.
**Any contestant arriving after 5:00pm, unfortunately will not be able to participate.
6. During the contest, you will be asked to walk the stage and perform 2 poses. You may or may not have your bio read aloud and/or have to answer a patriotic question or two. Judging is based on wardrobe, hair/makeup, overall look, creativity, poses, and charisma. There will be a 1st and 2nd place winner.
7. There will also be a Viewers Choice Award. This award is given to the contestant who raises the most amount of money during the contest so be sure to tell all your family and friends to bring cash as voting dollars for you!
8. ALL CONTESTANTS are asked to stay until after the contest is over for group pictures.
9. WINNER: The winner will receive a pin-up photo shoot [valued at $600] directly following the contest. This will include professional hair/makeup and the opportunity to get your pictures taken with some incredible cars and bikes!
* Viewers Choice: $75 cash prize, studio gift certificate and clothing from AMP Pilates ($250.00 value), bouquet from Lace and Lilies ($50.00 value)
* 2nd place: $75 cash prize, salon product basket, haircut, and manicure from Colorado Concept Salon ($220.00 value), bouquet from Lace and Lilies ($50.00 value)
* 1st place: Title of Miss Patriotic Pin-Up 2017, $200.00 cash prize, pin-up photo shoot with Marcus Edwards Photography & Janie Rocek ($600.00 value), bouquet from Lace and Lilies ($50.00 value).
* All participants will get a FREE CLASS coupon (valued at $30.00) at AMP Pilates
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
If you plan to stay at the event and enjoy the festivities, an ID will be required at the gate for proof of age, related to beer sales. An ID will be required at check-in to verify proof of being 18 years of age or older.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You are welcome to bring hair care and make-up in your own carrying bags, you are welcome to bring a change of clothes (but there is no changing room available at the event), you are welcome to bring as many friends and family as you'd like to cheer you on. You are NOT permitted to wear revealing or provocative clothing, lingerie or swimwear. Nudity is not permitted. If your outfit is too risque, we will ask you to change into an alternate outfit, so please be prepared with one if you are questioning your original outfit's appropriateness.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email the event director and manager for the Patriotic Pin-Up contest, Janie Rocek (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any specific question relating to the Pin-Up Girl Contest or the Director Of Events for Realities For Children, Joyce Dickens (joyce@RealitiesForChildren.com) at any time with questions about the Realities Ride & Rally.
Thank you for your interest and participation!