Boyne Highlands | B4BC's Shred the Love
Boyne Highlands is proud to host Pink Weekend -- a weekend of community support for breast cancer awareness and detection benefiting Boarding for Breast Cancer and the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. Join us for a weekend of fun and community, and take part in fundraising auctions, Boyne Country Sports shop demos and a host of other festive, fun and often informative activities. Riders and skiers of all ages - and genders - are invited to participate in a tribute ride to honor those affected, and serve as a reminder that a healthy, active lifestyle is one of the greatest means of cancer prevention. Visit the on-site b4bc educational outreach booth to learn more about early detection, prevention, and more.
This year's fundraising goal is $10,000, with proceeds going to Boarding for Breast Cancer, and the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund, administered by the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. But while our fundraising goal is important, our larger objective is to raise awareness and draw support for two outstanding programs that strive every day to improve the outlook those with breast cancer - and to pave the way for a brighter future.
Friday, February 27
- 5:30-9pm: Welcome Reception - Get your weekend off to a very pink start with pink lemonade, event and breast cancer awareness information, and pink balloons.
Saturday, February 28
- 8:30-10:30am: B4BC Cancer Outreach Awareness Tent - Near lift ticket window
- 11am-3pm: B4BC Cancer Outreach Awareness Tent and Boyne Country Sports Demo Day ($5 donation per ride) - Outside of the Zoo Bar
- Noon: Chinese & Silent Auction - Bidding begins on a variety of unique items and gift baskets - Zoo Bar
- 2pm: Rail Jam - Base Area behind the Main Lodge. Registration information coming soon.
- 4pm: Awards Party - Includes announcing winners of 50/50 raffle, Chinese Auction, and giveaways - Zoo Bar
- 5pm: Pink Party - Get your pink on with the most awesome Pink Party anywhere. The Aaron Vaughn Band will have the Zoo Bar rocking with their collection of crowd pleasing music. A $5 suggested donation will go directly to the Kathleen Jontz Breast Health Fund, administered by the McLaren Northern Michigan Foundation. A full selection of pink drinks will be available!
Show your support:
- The 'Pink Lift Ticket Option' when you purchase a lift ticket starting February 1, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
- Become a fundrasier - whether you're a snowboarder or skier (or just a really nice person) we welcome everyone to become a fundraiser for the cause. Click on "Become A Fundraiser" at the top of the page, then follow the steps to custom create your own campaign. You'll be able to send a link to all of your friends and relatives and they can donate to your page with a click of the mouse. Top (3) fundraisers will be honored with B4BC prizes. (You don't have to participate in the event to be a fundraiser.)
For more info please visit, www.boyne.com. Thank you for your support!