B4BC's Skate The Lake 2015
SKATE THE LAKE 2015
You're invited to take part in the 11th Annual Skate the Lake, a 28-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for Boarding For Breast Cancer's (B4BC) education and prevention programs. Come out and longboard, bike, blade, or rollerskate with B4BC on August 15th!
This unique event which runs along a 28-mile portion of the beautiful and serene Lake Tahoe is a part of B4BC's summer long Skate Series, that also includes the 9th Annual Skate the Coast [L.A.], an 18-mile coastline route from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach, CA, with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop.
The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $25,000 for B4BC's outreach and prevention programs and a local Tahoe non-profit. Here's how you can get on board:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14th: KICK-OFF PARTY
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15th: SKATE THE LAKE!
Tentative schedule — Subject to change
7:30 AM (SHARP!) - Meet in the 64 Acres parking lot in Tahoe City
Skate, Bike or Rollerskate 28-miles along the Lake Tahoe bike path
(3) Hydration Stations along the way
Celebration and awards ceremony at the finish
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone, NO EXCEPTIONS!
Check out a map of the course below.
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the Lake [Tahoe] will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it's guaranteed that your first time won't be your last. It's that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must FUNDRAISE a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver)!
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile you are already past this goal. Or - you can pay the amount yourself but it's more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets for Friday Kick-Off Party (must be present to win)
- Commemorative Skate the Lake t-shirt
- Once you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver to fill out and bring to the event.
*If you participate in Skate the Lake your registration fee for Skate the Coast will be reduced to $25 per event. Please contact Liza@b4bc.org for details.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // MUST raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive Skate the Lake t-shirt and (2) kick-off party raffle tickets
- TIER 1 // Raise $100—receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + (10) kick-off party raffle tickets
- TIER 2 // Raise $200-- receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + (15) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- TIER 3 // Raise $300-- receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (20) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade - making you eligible for member benefits, free or discounted entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2015!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that could include GoPro cameras*, Fugoo wireless speakers, skateboards and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Beats By Dre, Arbor, and more...
*MUST fundraise at least $500 to be eligible for GoPro camera prize for top 3 fundraisers
About B4BC's Skate the Lake [TAHOE] & Skate the Coast [L.A.]
Skate the Lake, now in its 11th year, is a one-of-a-kind longboard-a-thon that covers a 28-mile stretch in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Its sister event Skate the Coast, now in its 9th year, runs along an 18-mile portion of the Southern California Coastline from the Santa Monica Pier to the Redondo Beach Pier. The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for prevention!
Since its inception these events have collectively had over 1,100 participants, fundraised over $205,000, and gained media coverage from national and local media. Funds raised support B4BC’s education and prevention and support programs, as well as local area non-profits including the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center and the Cancer Support Community of Redondo Beach.
Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation that advocates early detection and a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means for breast cancer prevention. Founded in 1996, B4BC empowers young people to make positive choices that promote lifelong wellness through outreach, prevention and support programs. To learn more, visit B4BC.org