THE SURFAID CUP MALIBU IS A SURFING COMPETITION TO RAISE FUNDS FOR SURFAID.
SURFAID IS A NON-PROFIT HUMANITARIAN ORGANIZATION WHOSE AIM IS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH, WELLBEING AND SELF-RELIANCE OF PEOPLE LIVING IN ISOLATED REGIONS CONNECTED TO US THROUGH SURFING.
ALL FUNDS RAISED GO TOWARDS BUILDING STRONGER COMMUNITIES IN THE MENTAWAI, NIAS, TELO AND BANYAK ISLANDS, OFF THE WEST COAST OF SUMATRA, INDONESIA.
- Five surfers per team, including one pro/sponsored surfer picked from the pool.
- Team order is submitted prior to the start of each heat.
- Heat schedule, times and format will be determined by final number of teams and competitors. Full details will be provided to registered teams prior to the event.
- In relay style, each surfer is to catch a series of waves (#TBC) and return to the tag area.
- Every surfer’s second wave is worth double points.
- You will need to recruit four (4) surfers to make up a team.
- The top fundraising teams get to choose their pro surfer in order of the team’s fundraising results.
- Each team must raise a minimum of $5,000 to compete.
- To collect sponsor donations, your team must first contact SurfAid to sign up. You will then be provided with a StayClassy Team fundraising page where you may promote your participation via email and social media, and accept donations online. Offline (cash) donations can be credited to your team by contacting SurfAid.
- Trophies will be presented to the winning team and fundraisers at the presentation ceremony after the event.
As a competitor, you will receive:
- VIP pass to the MSA Classic.
- Official event T-shirt, souvenir and shwag bag.
- SurfAid Cup Malibu event highlights clip.
- Invitation to the event presentation ceremony in VIP area following the finals, including food and beverages.
Expression Session // Friday September 6 (4pm - 5pm)
SurfAid Cup fundraising participants are invited to join the expression session. This is a chance for participants to practice for the competition and have additional time in an uncrowded Malibu lineup.
Benefit Night // Friday September 6 (6pm - 10pm)
SurfAid Cup participants, friends, and family are invited to attend a benefit night at Duke’s Malibu for a night of food, drinks, music, and mingling. There will also be a silent auction and/or raffle.
21150 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265
After Party // Saturday September 7 (6pm - 8pm)
SurfAid Cup participants, friends, and family are invited to attend the SurfAid Cup Malibu After Party at Cafe Habana for food, drinks, music, and mingling with other participants and pros.
3939 Cross Creek Rd
Malibu, CA 90265