ONLINE Registration is NOW CLOSED. Please join us tomorrow by REGISTERING ONSITE. Check-in begins at 8 am. Read below for information, instructions, reminders and tips to help you prepare for TOMORROW.
Throughout the event, there will be various activities to explore, including a walk-through giant inflatable brain, team sign decoration stations, food trucks, arts and crafts, games, activity booths, live music with Stefani Rose, Audrey Kaller and other special guests, and much more!
- Early Check-in/Registration Opens: 8:00 AM
- Event Begins: 9:00 AM
- 5K Run/Walk Begins: 10:00 AM
- 1-Mile Stroll Begins: 10:05 AM
- Fun Ends Until Next Year: 12:00 PM
- The Rose Bowl is located at 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., Pasadena, CA 91103. Directions available at the Rose Bowl Website.
- The Walk will take place around GATE A. View the Rose Bowl Map to locate Gate A.
- Parking is free and widely available in Lots F and K. Please view the Rose Bowl Map to see where these lots are located in relation to the event at GATE A.
- ADA-designated spots will be available in LOT F. Please advise a parking attendant when you arrive if you require disability parking.
CHECK IN / ON-SITE REGISTRATION
- If you have registered in advance, please go directly to the designated Pre-Registered Check-In Area upon arrival.
- Make your check-in time onsite go quickly by printing, reading and signing the Consent and Release Form before you arrive (turn in the completed form on Sunday).
- Online pre-registration closes at 12:00 PM on Saturday, November 16th. Spread the word!
- If you or someone you know is planning to register on-site, we encourage payment by via check or credit card at the designated On-Site Registration Area.
- We ask a registration fee of $25 per person for anyone 2 years or older. Thank you for your cooperation.
5K & 1-MILE STROLL
- Advanced runners doing the 5K will be the first to depart from the Start Line, then walkers doing the 5K. The 1-Mile walkers will immediately following behind the 5K walkers/runners.
- Remember that the course is non-competitive. Please stay within the designated path and course.
- A race clock will be provided and we encourage you to check the timer as you pass the Start and Finish lines if you’d like to track your time.
- The Course Map provides a view of the two different course routes (5K and 1-Mile).
FOOD & DRINKS
- Food can be purchased from multiple food truck vendors during the event. You are encouraged to bring your own snacks if you prefer.
- Water stations will be placed throughout the course and the event site. If you have your own water bottle, you may fill it up at Rose Bowl drinking fountains.
WHAT TO BRING
- Any remaining cash or check donations to drop-off at the Registration Table. We will provide envelopes to secure them.
- Dress for the weather by checking the forecast before you arrive.
- Team spirit signs with inspirational messages and reasons why you want to end epilepsy. We will also have a team sign decorating station at the Walk.
- If you wish, bring a photo or small homemade sign to attach to the Wishing Wall. Place your photo or sign on the Wishing Wall with your message of hope for a loved one and the future or memorialize a loved one lost to epilepsy.
- Remember to bring cash and credit card to purchase food from the Food Trucks, to participate in the opportunity drawing to win a prize, and to purchase Lemonade from Ollie’s Lemonade Stand.
- The Walk is wheelchair-friendly
- The Rose Bowl does not allow pets -- only service dogs will be permitted.
- The Rose Bowl does NOT permit personal pop-up tents
- We encourage you to check-in individually and set up a meeting point inside the gates, whether that is at the Inflatable Brain, in a Shade Tent, or by the Food Trucks.
- Facebook Tag or Tweet us LIVE during the event! Use #walktoendepilepsy and #sharemyshoes
OPPORTUNITY DRAWING ****
There will be an opportunity drawing onsite, so remember to bring credit cards, cash or checks to purchase Tickets for the Opportunity Drawing. Prizes include (1) 40 tickets to a private screening of “American Hustle” at Sony Pictures, (2) two tickets to see a UCLA home game from a private box on the 50 yard line, (3) 4 Lakers tickets for this Sunday’s game – great seats just 3 rows off the floor behind the Lakers bench plus $30 parking pass (if you live far away – you may want to be prepared to go straight from the Walk to the Lakers game!); (4) Family Fun Basket, (5) Cooking Basket, (6) Skype chat with Darren Criss, and (7) Dinner for 4 at Crossroads Kitchen.
If you have recently done a “Fall Cleaning” -- this is a great opportunity to bring your donated goods for SAVERS. We will have a truck onsite with a big SAVERS banner where you can put your donated clothes and small household goods and you will get a receipt to document your donated goods, which are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Or, you can plan now to clean your garage and closets before year-end and call SAVERS at 855-336-0212 or go online at donate4epilepsy.org to schedule a pick-up.