B4BC's Skate the Coast 2012
You're invited to take part in the 6th Annual Skate the Coast (STC), an 18-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for B4BC's education and support programs. Come out and longboard, bike, or skate for Boarding for Breast Cancer on September 29!
You'll be skating with B4BC Team Riders Elena Hight, Mimi Knoop and Allysha Bergado, as well as our honorary B4BC Team Rider Beefy the Bulldog!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $20,000 for the B4BC Survivorship Fund and a local L.A. County non-profit. Here's how you can get on board:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28: KICK-OFF PARTY
>>Register at this celebratory kick-off event and meet fellow riders at Watermans Safe House for Surfers with pro athletes, raffles, music, food and more (22 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, CA 90254)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29: THE SKATE!
8:00AM Shuttle pick-up at Veterans Park (by Redondo Beach Pier)
>>Shuttles take participants to Santa Monica Pier where the skate begins
>>Skate 18 miles from Santa Monica Pier to Redondo Beach Pier with Hydration Stations powered by HDX along the way
>>Post skate celebration with free food for participants provided by Wahoo’s Fish Taco
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone under 18 years old.
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the Coast (Southern CA) will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it's guaranteed that your first time won't be your last. It's that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must fundraise a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver!).
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile you are already past this goal. Or - you can pay the amount yourself but it's more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets for Friday Kick-Off Party (must be present to win)
- Commemorative Skate the Coast Shirt
- Once you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver and ask for your t-shirt size.
*If you participated in Skate the Lake you may be eligible for additional raffle tickets and other benefits. Please contact Liza@b4bc.org for details.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // Raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive Skate the Coast t-shirt and (2) kick-off party raffle tickets
- GROM // Raise $100—receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster + hat + (3) kick-off party raffle tickets
- BOMB // Raise $200-- receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (10) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- EPIC // Raise $300 -- receive Skate the Coast t-shirt + pro athlete signed commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (10) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade - making you eligible for member benefits, free entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2012/2013!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that includes GoPro cameras, a private session with pro skater Curren Caples and his friends, and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Sun Bum, Arbor, CCS and more...
**BONUS** FUNDRAISING FRIDAY RAFFLE DATES: (Only online fundraisers eligible for virtual raffle)
Fundraise designated amount online by the following dates in order to be entered in a virtual raffle to earn prizes every FUNDRAISING FRIDAY leading up to Skate the Coast!
Raise $50 by Friday, SEPT 7th: SUN BUM Prize Pack
Raise $100 by Friday, SEPT 14th: ELECTRIC/VOLCOM Prize Pack
Raise $200 by Friday, SEPT 21st: SECTOR 9 Prize Pack
Raise $300 by Friday, SEPT 28th (Kick-Off Party): LOADED LONGBOARD PRIZE PACK!
About B4BC's Skate the Coast & Skate the Lake
This unique event runs along an 18-mile portion of the Southern California Coastline from the Santa Monica Pier to the Redondo Beach Pier, and its Northern California sister event Skate the Lake covers a 28-mile stretch of Lake Tahoe. The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Since its inception these events have had over 1,000 participants, fundraised over $90,000, and gained media coverage from national and local media. Funds raised have helped B4BC's nationwide educational outreach experience travel to youth lifestyle events to spread the word about the importance of early detection + leading a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means to prevent breast cancer.
In 2012, B4BC will be dedicating funds to the B4BC Survivorship Fund, which connects breast cancer survivors with health + wellness experiences in order to enhance their path of healing and long-term survivorship. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds will be granted to local non-profits in Lake Tahoe and L.A. County that support the Survivorship Fund's mission. Due to the success of the 2012 Skate the Lake event this year, B4BC was honored to be able to donate $2,500 to the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center.
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. Through grassroots events, year-round educational outreach and the Survivorship Fund, B4BC is able to further its mission of promoting early detection + a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention. To learn more, visit B4BC.org
EVENT / ROUTE / PARTICIPATION, email@example.com
OR, IF INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR (or know a business that is)
Please reach out to Erika Seward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for shredding the love with us! Xoxo, B4BC
*Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone under 18 years old*