BASE 2 SPACE
1 memorable climb.
Way to go—you did it! You made it 832 steps, 520 feet up in the air, high above Seattle. We hope you had as much fun climbing as we did cheering for you!
We thank you and all of the donors, sponsors, volunteers and 1,225 climbers that helped to make the 2nd annual Base 2 Space climb a huge success! Together we raised more than $430,000 to fund lifesaving cancer research at Seattle’s Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
We look forward to seeing you next fall at the 3rd annual Base 2 Space: Seattle’s Most Iconic Climb.
Congratulations to Anne Jensen (fastest female) who reached the Observation Deck in 5:41, and Tristan Roth (fastest male) who scaled the Space Needle in 4:34. Congratulations to the winners of their respective age groups:
|Age Group||Fastest Male||Time||Fastest Female||Time|
|8 to 10||Max Wiebe||7:16||Kailey Hayner||8:42|
|11 to 13||Jacob Brostrom||7:27||Ashlyn Leclecq||8:05|
|14 to 17||Jack Clayville||6:29||Heather Desrosier||7:13|
|18 to 29||Spencer Lazzar||5:06||Sarah Hadiji||6:26|
|30 to 39||Russell Webb||5:30||Amy Brown||6:08|
|40 to 49||Derek Richert||5:47||Madeleine Fontillas Ronk||7:20|
|50 to 59||Lawrence Beck||5:08||Karen Geninatti||7:44|
|60 to 69||Eric Beam||7:03||Theresa Cannon||10:24|
|70 to 79||Paul Reed||10:06||Nicole Mertes||9:30|
Thanks to the top 10 fundraisers and their donors! For their efforts they get to walk the Space Needle’s Halo 520 feet above ground next spring. Also, two randomly selected climbers get to join them for this amazing experience. The winners are:
|Jill Vogel Kinison||$2,410|
|Jeremy Vercillo||Randomly Selected|
|Clayton Wilcox||Randomly Selected|
Base 2 Space would like to thank the following partners for their help and generosity:
- Thanks to Western Washington Subway sandwich shops for being the presenting sponsor of Seattle’s Most Iconic Climb!
- KING TV has been a fantastic media partner and has provided immeasurable help to Base 2 Space.
- The Jet 95.7 FM used the airwaves to get the word out about Base 2 Space. Thank you!
- Alaska Airlines generously provided us with 4 pairs of coach tickets to anywhere they fly! Congrats to Liz, Marlene, Susan and Stephen – winners of the tickets!
- Elysian Brewing Company sponsored Base 2 Space for the second year in a row and will be providing us with some of the world’s best beer!
- Talking Rain partnered with Base 2 Space once again and generously donated hundreds of bottles of complimentary water and Sparkling Ice® at the hydration stations on the Observation Deck and in the Landing Pad.
- Starbucks kept us perked up again this year and provided gift cards for all climbers and complimentary coffee service during the event.
- Gore Fabrics for donating a variety of prizes that feature their advanced materials.
- Clif Bar for supplying us with thousands of mini-Clif bars to help keep climbers energized.
- Strideline Socks created the limited edition Base 2 Space socks and donated more than 300 pairs.
- Nuun for providing us with samples that inspire a healthier, happier more active lifestyle.
Like us on Facebook to see event photos and receive updates about the 3rd Annual Climb.