Over the Edge for Community Hospice
Event Details and Spectator Information
Over the Edge for Community Hospice presented by Ten|Space, is a unique fundraising challenge in which participants or “edgers” commit to a fundraising minimum in exchange for the opportunity of a lifetime – to rappel down the historic Medico Dental Tower overlooking the Stockton Waterfront. This event is exclusive in the North San Joaquin Valley and spots will go quickly.
The event is dedicated to the memory of Ten Space Chief Brand Officer, Tim Egkan.
Where: Medico Dental Tower, 242 N. Sutter Ave., Stockton, CA
When: Friday, October 28 - Saturday, October 29
- VIP/Media Day, Friday, October 28, 3-6pm
- Liquid Courage Reception, Friday, October 28, 6:00-8:30pm (invite only)
- Drop Zone Festival, Saturday, October 29, 9am– through the afternoon
- Edgers will be assigned to slots as they complete their fundraising commitments
- The Drop Zone Festival will be open from 9am – midafternoon on Saturday, October 29. Guests can enjoy the wonderful delta breeze, food trucks, face painting, rock climbing walls, balloons and a vendor fair as they watch their brave edgers do their part. Prior to the event, edgers will be assigned rappel time slots that they can share with their friends and family. We recommend that supporters arrive early to ensure they don’t miss the rappel! There is no cost to attend this inspiring event as a spectator!
Edgers, supporters and spectators will enjoy this high energy event!
There is a $50 registration fee, which will be counted towards your fundraising commitment!
- Individual Edger - $1,000
- Adopt a Drop - $1,500 (reserve a rappel spot for a selected youth)
- Create a Team - $2,500
We are here to help ensure that all of our edgers get the chance to go over the edge! We provide you with all the tips, tools and fundraising support to not only reach your fundraising goals, but surpass them. When registering, you will receive a fundraising website and we will provide you with an online fundraising toolkit and support.
Your online fundraising website can be personalized and we can provide information on how to start an email and letter writing campaign. Most participants raise a majority of their fundraising commitment through these efforts. To supplement those funds, hold local fundraisers and leverage matching gift programs as well.
Be a part of our team and celebrate the bravery of edgers, patients, family, and friends. It is the generosity of local partnerships that make the event a success. Check out ways you can support this worthy cause.
Become a Sponsor
Interested in becoming a sponsor for 2016 Over the Edge for Community Hospice?
- Presenting Sponsor: $10,000 (0 available)
- Base Camp Sponsor $5,000 (1 available)
- Drop Zone Sponsor: $3,500 (2 available)
- Toss Your Boss Sponsor: $2,500 (0 available)
- Adopt a Drop Sponsor: $1,500 (13 available)
Why: Community Hospice believes that everyone deserves dignity and peace at the end of life. We provide compassionate and quality care, education and support to terminally ill patients and their families, regardless of their ability to pay. Edgers will have the opportunity to fundraise for the program that calls to them the most:
- Alexander Cohen Hospice House - The ACHH provides an option to patients who are unable to stay at home because of pain and symptoms. Our state of the art ACHH provides 16 private inpatient rooms and 24-hour care in a home-like setting.
- Charity Care - In keeping with our mission, we believe everyone deserves dignity and peace at the end of life. Most of the patients we serve are in their own homes, assisted living facilities and nursing homes. We make sure that they receive the care they need for as long as needed.
- Education - Community Hospice offers a variety of free educational opportunities throughout the year for caregivers, medical professionals, clinicians and community members.
- Youth Grief Relief - 1 in 20 children will suffer the loss of 1 or both parents, before the age of 19. Community Hospice reinvests in our community by supporting any child in the community who needs support. We do this through 3 specific programs:
- School Grief Relief - 6-8 week long programs for children and teens, K-12, on campus
- Camp Erin® Modesto - Four day grief camp for children and teens ages 6-17 at Camp Jack Hazard
- Chillin' Chat 617 - An ongoing drop-in support group that serves as an additional support for local children and teens
Interested in Volunteering?
Over the Edge for Community Hospice requires a lot of volunteer help and we are looking for individuals passionate about Community Hospice and supporting a vibrant Downtown Stockton. To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please contact email@example.com or call 209.578.6304.
The Drop Zone festival will be open from 9am – midafternoon on Saturday, October 29. Guests can enjoy the wonderful delta breeze, food trucks, face painting, rock climbing walls, balloons and a vendor fair as they watch their brave edgers do their part. Prior to the event, edgers will be assigned rappel time slots that they can share with their friends and family. We recommend that supporters arrive early to ensure they don’t miss the rappel! There is no cost to attend this inspiring event as a spectator!
Create a Company Team
Consider bonding with your co-workers for a good cause. Companies teams provide a great opportunity for teambuilding! Set up a customized company page and either raise money to go over yourself or collectively raise money to toss your boss over! Toss Your Boss Sponsor level starts at $2,500. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org