Skate the Lake [TAHOE] 2014
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SKATE THE LAKE 2015? CLICK HERE TO JOIN AND START FUNDRAISING!
SKATE THE LAKE 2014
SAVE THE DATE - AUGUST 16TH
You're invited to take part in the 10th Annual Skate the Lake, a 28-mile longboarding marathon that promotes an active lifestyle while raising awareness and funds for Boarding For Breast Cancer's (B4BC) education and prevention programs. Come out and longboard, bike, blade, or rollerskate with B4BC on August 16th!
This unique event which runs along a 28-mile portion of the beautfiul and serene Lake Tahoe is a part of B4BC's summer long Skate Series, that also includes the 8th Annual Skate the Coast [L.A.], an 18-mile coastline route from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach, CA, with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop.
The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for the cause!
Please help us reach our goal of raising $20,000 for B4BC's outreach and prevention programs and a local Tahoe non-profit. Here's how you can get on board:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th: KICK-OFF PARTY
2PM - 7PM // Heritage Plaza, Tahoe City
Register at this celebratory kick-off event and meet fellow riders and mingle with X Games athletes! There will be yoga, live music, a silent auction, and more!
2:00 Yoga/DJ Blue registration/silent auction open
3:00 Live Music
4:00 BBQ starts
5:00 Actors Killed Lincoln
6:00 Chuck Ragan registration/silent auction closes
SATURDAY, AUGUST 16th: SKATE THE LAKE!
7:30 AM (SHARP!) - Meet in the 64 Acres parking lot in Tahoe City
Skate, Bike or Rollerskate 28-miles along the Lake Tahoe bike path
(3) Hydration Stations along the way
Celebration and awards ceremony at the finish
Top (2) fundraisers win a GoPro Hero 3* + skateboard prize pack.
*Must fundraise at least $500 to win a GoPro Hero 3
Please note: All participants are required to sign waivers. If you are under 18, you must have signatures from a parent or legal guardian and wear a helmet. Helmets are MANDATORY for everyone, NO EXCEPTIONS!
SKATE, BIKE, RIDE for those you love!
Have the time of your life and join the growing community of riders committed to the cause! Some of those who will be Skating the Lake [Tahoe] will be dedicating their ride to a friend or loved one. Others just love to shred the love. Whatever your reason, it's guaranteed that your first time won't be your last. It's that awesome.
To participate, ALL RIDERS must FUNDRAISE a minimum of $50* (and fill out a waiver)!
Just by asking 3 friends/family members to pledge $1/mile you are already past this goal. Or - you can pay the amount yourself but it's more fun to share your journey with others!! You’ll be surprised by how willing people are to help you shred the love.
All participants will receive:
- Sponsor goodie bag and (2) raffle tickets for Friday Kick-Off Party (must be present to win)
- Commemorative Skate the Lake t-shirt
- Once you reach the $50 goal, we will provide you with a waiver to fill out and bring to the event.
*If you participate in Skate the Lake your registration fee for Skate the Coast will be reduced to $25 per event. Please contact Liza@b4bc.org for details.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE (For Rad Prizes!)
Raising funds is fun and easy. But in case you need a little nudge, here are some levels of progression worth aiming for:
- ALL SKATERS // MUST raise $50 to participate through online and/or in person fundraising—receive Skate the Lake t-shirt and (2) kick-off party raffle tickets
- TIER 1 // Raise $100—receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + commemorative poster + (10) kick-off party raffle tickets
- TIER 2 // Raise $200-- receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + commemorative poster, PLUS (15) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($50 value)
- TIER 3 // Raise $300-- receive Skate the Lake t-shirt + commemorative poster + hat, PLUS (20) kick-off party raffle tickets + prize pack from local/national sponsors ($150 value) and become honorary member of B4BC Brigade - making you eligible for member benefits, free or discounted entry to future skates and prizes throughout 2014!
- TOP 3 FUNDRAISERS will be awarded an event sponsor prize pack on the SKATE DAY that could include GoPro cameras*, Fugoo wireless speakers, skateboards and more!! Past prizes have included product/gear from Sector 9, Loaded Boards, Tahoe Longboards, 187 Killer Pads, VonZipper, Nixon, Beats By Dre, Arbor, and more...
*MUST fundraise at least $500 to be eligible for GoPro camera prize for top 3 fundraisers
About B4BC's Skate the Lake [TAHOE] & Skate the Coast [L.A.]
Skate the Lake, now in its 10th year, is a one-of-a-kind longboard-a-thon that covers a 28-mile stretch in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Its sister event Skate the Coast, now in its 8th year, runs along an 18-mile portion of the Southern California Coastline from the Santa Monica Pier to the Redondo Beach Pier. The series attracts skaters young and old and of all abilities to push for prevention!
Since its inception these events have collectively had over 1,000 participants, fundraised over $150,000, and gained media coverage from national and local media. Funds raised support B4BC’s education and prevention and support programs, as well as local area non-profits including the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center and the Cancer Support Community of Redondo Beach.
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation dedicated to providing education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. Through grassroots events, year-round educational outreach and the Survivorship Fund, B4BC is able to further its mission of promoting early detection + a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention. To learn more, visit B4BC.org