Break The Cycle Benefit
Help raise awareness and reduce the stigma of addiction disease! All proceeds from the benefit support OneEighty Addiction Services (formerly STEPS at Liberty Center) and their services to treat addiction disease and services for prevention and education.
Three Great Events - Something for Everyone!
All events begin and end at The Wayne County Fairgrounds in beautiful downtown Wooster, Ohio. Like last year. participants can select from three events! The Trail Run will take place at Wooster Memorial Park just minutes away from the Fairgrounds.
Join us for a great day in support of a great cause. You're just a few easy steps away from registering yourself or registering a team and completing your transaction. We will also be accepting registrations the day of the event at the Wayne County Fairgrounds and at Wooster Memorial Park!
Break the Cycle Benefit Bike Ride
Are you up for the challenge? With three rides to choose from, there's one for any rider from enthusiast to expert! Here's your choices:
- 72 Mile Ride - For experienced and fit riders! This route has over 4,000 feet of elevation gain with multiple steep hill climbs of up to a mile long with some reaching 18% maximum grade. A medium to high level of fitness (and sense of adventure!) will be needed to complete this challenge. All agree it's well worth the effort to see and experience the gorgeous scenery of Amish Country and the beautiful vistas of Wayne and Holmes counties.
- 50 Mile Ride - A moderate challenge ride with rolling hills and beautiful views of Ohio Countryside.
- 25 Mile Ride - Traverses quiet country roads through the beautiful rolling hills of Wayne County.
Want to view the routes? You must have a Strava® account to open these. Click on the route you want below and check them out:
Registration/Sign-in: 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
72 Mile - Riders depart: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
50 Mile - Riders depart: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
25 Mile - Riders depart: 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m
- Last rider out: 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch served 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Event Ends by 4:00 p.m.
ALL RIDES WILL HAVE SAG SERVICE!
Break The Cycle Trail Run
This timed 5 miler is held at the beautiful Wooster Memorial Park, just 10 minutes from the Fairgrounds. All pre-registered runners can go directly to the Wooster Memorial Park for the run. Day of the Event Registrants will need to register and will need to arrive one hour early to complete registration. All runners celebrate their run with a scrumptious chicken barbecue afterwards at the Wayne County Fairgrounds.
Registration/Check-in: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Runners Assemble at Starting Line by no later than 10:00 a.m.
- Race Starts at 10:10 a.m.
- Once finished, runners go to the Break The Cycle Event at the Wayne County Fairgrounds (10 minute drive) for refreshments and lunch (included)
Break The Cycle 5K Walk for Recovery
A casual, sidewalk 5K through downtown Wooster. Walk, stroll or jog - your choice. Grab some friends and walk through beautiful downtown Wooster. See the shops, visit with friends - have fun along the way. No rush...
Registration/Check-in: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
ALL Walkers Depart: 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
All participants in each event are invited to the Fairgrounds for a scrumptious chicken barbecue with all the fixings, including fabulous Amish Fried Pies!
Thanks to our tremendous sponsors!
Break the Cycle Bike Events
Dennis & Kathy Helmuth
Break the Cycle 5 Mile Trail Run
Steve & Cheryl Shapiro
Break the Cycle 5K Walk
Ralph R. & Grace B. Jones Foundation
- Steve & Chris Matthew
- Alison & Troy Schmidt
- Susie and Steve Slack
- Sallie & Roger Cook
- Tom & Joan Fenzl
- John & Judy Thomas
- The Vaidya Family
- Wenger Companies
- Jon & Tina Ansel
- Bobbi Douglas
- Sue & Arun Mathur
- Jim & Beth Opatrny
- Robbie & Bill Ross
- Santmyer Oil Company
- Ty & Cyndee Young