Nonprofit fundraising can be a rollercoaster of emotions, to say the least. Here are 21 moments that capture your fundraising experience. Get ready for all the feels.
1. When a recurring donor’s credit card expires and never gets updated.
2. When you’re in the middle of crafting an appeal and hit send too early.
3. When an anonymous donor makes a $1,000 gift.
4. When your board didn’t think peer-to-peer fundraising would work, and you raise $20,000 with your first campaign.
5. When there’s an hour left and you’re 95 percent to your campaign goal.
6. When you read volunteer surveys saying they weren’t informed about the correct attire or nature of the project.
“Maybe you didn’t get my last five emails.”
7. When a celebrity makes a personal fundraising page on behalf of your organization.
8. When you’re dealing with restricted funding.
9. When your guests bring their friends to your fundraiser.
10. When you’re about to handwrite hundreds of thank you letters.
11. When a donor wants to pay in bitcoin.
12. When there’s an audiovisual glitch at your fundraising event.
13. When your campaign video gets way more views and shares than you expected.
14. When you spend hours on tedious data entry across multiple fundraising systems.
15. When a 7-year-old raises $40,000 on behalf of your organization.
16. When a board member finally creates a personal fundraising page.
17. When you attend three staff meetings in a row about the same topic…only to get looped into a fourth.
18. When you blow your campaign goal out of the water with your new fundraising software.
19. When a grant application is simple and doesn’t require 20 separate attachments for 20 different things.
20. When you land an awesome sponsorship.
21. When you meet someone impacted by your work, face to face.
Which ones were your favorites? Or add your other favorite fundraising GIFs to the list in the comments below!
The Donor Retention Handbook
Subscribe to the Classy Blog
Get the latest fundraising tips, trends, and ideas in your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing
You signed up for emails from Classy
The email you subscribed is