About the role:
Classy is excited to bring a Sr. HR Generalist to join our expanding People Team! In this role you will support compliance programs for all states within the US, as well as lead any compliance needs for future international programs. The ideal candidate should have an understanding of current HR compliance and immigration standards and regulations, and maintain an up-to-date understanding on new developments that impact Classy at large. This role will serve as the primary subject matter expert on all things compliance for the People Team, in tight partnership with the Legal, Accounting + Payroll teams, as well as any other part of the business that may need advice on compliance matters.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Create and update guidelines for business practices (hiring, terminations, payroll, consulting relationships, workers comp, etc.) in all states where Classy currently does business or has employees, or where Classy may do business or hire employees in the future.
- Manage HR compliance programs including, background checks, workers compliance, EEO Reporting, and immigration matters.
- Own Classy’s policies, handbook, and procedures, as well as craft internal communication on any updates.
- Coordinate and maintain EEO reporting, and other regular reporting needs, in accordance with established deadlines.
- Coordinate with the Legal team on action related to qualifying to do business or business licenses and registration in other states, as applicable.
- Create alignment and understanding across Legal, People & Accounting teams for all business practices.
- Proactively alert internal teams to any updates that impact business procedures with items such as payroll, timekeeping, overtime laws, etc.
- Engage with internal and external legal counsel, and internal teams, to ensure understanding and implementation for any new or updated government requirements.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience with corporate HR compliance programs
- Experience developing and maintaining process documentation
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- SHRM or PHR Certified
- Legal education experience (paralegal, JD, etc.)
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all