Classy's Engineering Productivity team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to simplify and optimize our software development workflows for our 100+ product engineers. We create abstraction layers and tooling to hide away the infrastructure, build incredible developer experiences so our engineers can focus on delivering the right features to our customers, faster.
We are looking for a skilled Senior Fullstack Engineer to drive innovation in developer productivity and tools to help build scalable technical solutions with long-term effectiveness in mind. The ideal candidate will use their expert technical ability to facilitate these capabilities across many different technologies and teams.
If you are passionate about developer productivity, and serving the needs of your internal engineering community, we want to talk to you.
What you'll do:
- Build, and support tools and interfaces that help improve development workflows and release processes, with a strong focus on automation
- Collaborate closely with other engineering teams to help identify their pain points, address tech debt and improve overall developer efficiency
- Take a product-driven mindset towards improving the developer experience at Classy
- Participate in the design and implementation of new solutions that support and contributes to our technical roadmap
- Work across many technologies and tools to create holistic solutions to complex problems
- Develop and maintain documentation including APIs, onboarding, tools and services
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in test, code quality and maintainability
What you bring (Required):
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with frontend and server-side, web-based technologies in a cloud-native environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated build/test deployment environments
- A passion for tools, automation and addressing tech debt
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Experience with increasing developer velocity, productivity and building developer tools
- You provide creative solutions to complex problems
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience working AWS cloud services and its ecosystem (CodeBuild, CodePipeline, ECS, etc)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, etc)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, EKS)
- Experience building highly effective developer tools and portals
- Experience with observability and logging tools and best practices
- Strong backend, microservices,and distributed system skills
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match (effective 5/1/2021)
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.