Are you a dynamic, high-performing, and hard-working individual who is looking to challenge yourself in new ways? The Classy sales team is hiring and looking for the cream of the crop! The ideal candidate would have previous sales development experience, be excited to pursue a career in sales, and someone who has done their research on what makes an outstanding performer. A successful Enterprise Development Rep has exceptional communication skills, ability to think strategically, strong mental flexibility to adapt to change, and above all else, is determined to succeed.
Enterprise Development Reps are the front line of the sales process and spend their days balancing cold calling decision makers of nonprofit organizations while also following up and nurturing business relationships. Enterprise Sales Development Reps are measured by their ability to strategically penetrate multiple departments within organizations to generate pipeline, facilitate qualifying calls and conduct ROI evaluations with key decision makers, and execute a seamless handoff of qualified prospects to our Account Executive team. Success in this role is obtained by working closely with the Account Executive team to strategically target accounts, exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline goals and handling pressure in stride, all in a team-focused environment that is dedicated to success. EDR’s work closely with Account Executives, and thus gain a unique opportunity to develop their soft skills and business acumen from the guidance of senior sales reps; allowing EDRs to develop beneficial Full Sales Cycle skills. The level of business and professional growth within this role is unmatched. The ultimate goal in the Enterprise Sales Development role is to have the opportunity to join either the Commercial or the Enterprise team as an Account Executive.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH:
- Build Account Plans that identify key areas of entry into accounts and show an understanding of the technology, contacts, and fundraising initiatives at these nonprofits
- Use multiple channels and approaches to obtain a minimum of 50 outreach activities a day to nonprofit organizations within your provided territory
- Work with marketing to plan creative strategies (events, mailers, conference engagement, and more) to engage your accounts
- Methodically qualify, build, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce using MEDDIC
- Accurately document and track all activities in Salesforce
- Consistently surpass your monthly quotas through hard work, a proactive approach to growth, and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING (Required)
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Excellent communication skills & a professional telephone presence - No fear of the phones!
- Experience navigating through organizations to reach decision makers
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy
WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE (Preferred):
- A background or prior experience in Operations
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) and sales engagement and automation software (Such as: Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, Chorus)
- Bachelor's Degree
Our amazing perks!
- Unlimited/flexible paid time off (PTO)
- Generous company holiday schedule
- 10 company half-days annually
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan and 3% employer match
- Generous parental leave benefits
- Paid sabbatical leave for every 4 years at Classy
- Access to virtual wellbeing apps like Headspace and Ginger
- Variety of employee discounts (including gym membership and bar/restaurant discounts)
- Professional development and learning stipends
- Work from home stipend while working remote due to COVID-19
- Downtown office with views of Petco Park and the ocean (and dog friendly!)
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass or rideshare allowance when commuting to the office
Classy is a B Corp Certified social enterprise that helps nonprofit organizations maximize their impact through a suite of world-class, online fundraising tools to accelerate social impact around the world. Based in San Diego, CA and trusted by organizations of all sizes, from the fastest-growing nonprofits like Team Rubicon and The Trevor Project, to some of the world's largest social organizations, such as The Salvation Army, Robin Hood Foundation, and Shriners Hospitals for Children, nonprofits use Classy’s platform to raise money, engage their communities, and advance their missions. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $2 billion for social good. Classy also hosts the Collaborative conference and the Classy Awards to spotlight the innovative work nonprofits are implementing around the globe. For more information, visit www.classy.org or follow Classy on Twitter @Classy.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.