“When is Giving Tuesday?” is a question that no nonprofit professional wants to hear. Make sure your supporter base knows the date for Giving Tuesday 2020 by mailing them a “save the date” postcard.
Since everyone in the industry is strapped for time during the precious moments leading up to the global giving, Classy’s talented design team created a Giving Tuesday postcard template that your organization can customize, print, and mail out in no time.
Social media is a permanent fixture in the way that we find and disseminate information. This itch to share is great for nonprofits since 21.2 percent of peer-to-peer fundraising dollars are a click-through from a social media post.
But when it comes to a single day where close to 4 billion individual donations are at stake, your nonprofit has to stand out from the pack.
With our customized “save the date” Giving Tuesday postcard, you can:
- Engage supporters on a new channel. A thoughtfully-designed piece of snail mail is unexpected, particularly if your organization normally reaches out online. This will help your nonprofit stand out during this busy time of year.
- Send a soft touchpoint. Since the postcard simply includes an ask to join your cause on Giving Tuesday, the message feels more like a community-building moment rather than an explicit ask for donations.
- Share important information. While the message of the postcard is softer, you’re still sharing your organization’s name, logo, and campaign URL without being as straightforward as a direct mail campaign.
- Reach new donors. Encourage your staff and volunteers to share the “save the date” postcard with their networks and allow word-of-mouth to work for you.
- Stay top of mind. Rather than fight for attention on social media, your postcard will be on the kitchen table or fridge where your supporters will see it every day.
- Capitalize on our resources. Since we’ve already designed a professional, aesthetically pleasing asset, all your team has to do is plug in your information, print, and distribute.
- Be flexible. In addition to your emails, use this postcard as a handout that your staff members distribute around town, pass out to family and friends, and leave in local businesses to share the word on your behalf.
A Few Reminders for the Road
The file you download will include in-depth instructions on how to use the template, but here are a few tips:
- Use a URL-shortening site like Bitly to create a share-friendly URL for your Giving Tuesday campaign. This will not only make your postcard more visually pleasing, but it’ll also be easier for your supporter to remember, share, and type into their internet browser.
- Have a horizontal version of your logo ready for easiest placement. Our recommended dimensions are 433px by 209px.
- If you’re purchasing cardstock to print the postcard, the size of the postcard is 4 inches x 6 inches.