PODCAST: How Heifer’s Former CMO Leads With Intuition
Two months ago, Cindy Jones-Nyland stepped down as CMO of Heifer International, citing in a recent blog that “intuition spoke very clearly about needing to allow more time and space for other things I am passionate about, and for spending more moments with my family.”
This trust in her own judgment and courage to take new steps are exactly what define Cindy as a leader.
Her advice on authenticity in leadership and using intuition to make important life and career decisions, as well as her healthy opposition to the work/life balance debate, will leave you feeling renewed and rejuvenated in your own position. Not to mention, she shares a behind-the-scenes take from her experience running the marketing team of one of the largest, most trusted nonprofits in the world.
In this episode, Cindy talks about:
- Her recent personal decision to leave Heifer
- Why great leaders should trust their intuition
- The surprising mentor who shaped one of her core values
- The unique challenges of running a legacy brand
- The tactics Heifer employs to fight complacency and drive innovation