Two months ago, Cindy Jones-Nyland stepped down as CMO of Heifer International, citing in a recent blog that “intuition spoke very clearly about needing to allow more time and space for other things I am passionate about, and for spending more moments with my family.”
This trust in her own judgment and courage to take new steps are exactly what define Cindy as a leader.
Her advice on authenticity in leadership and using intuition to make important life and career decisions, as well as her healthy opposition to the work/life balance debate, will leave you feeling renewed and rejuvenated in your own position. Not to mention, she shares a behind-the-scenes take from her experience running the marketing team of one of the largest, most trusted nonprofits in the world.
In this episode, Cindy talks about:
- Her recent personal decision to leave Heifer
- Why great leaders should trust their intuition
- The surprising mentor who shaped one of her core values
- The unique challenges of running a legacy brand
- The tactics Heifer employs to fight complacency and drive innovation
Subscribe to the Classy Blog
Get the latest fundraising tips, trends, and ideas in your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing
You signed up for emails from Classy
The email you subscribed is